Reading and Writing Assessments
Kick off your Unschooled Year with Reading and Writing Assessments!
Why Reading Assessments?
The purpose and benefits of assessment. Research provides evidence that specific early literacy concepts can predict young students’ later reading achievement (DeBruinParecki, 2004). These reading concepts include letter knowledge, phonemic awareness, decoding, fluency, and comprehension.
Why choose The CENTER by REACH to provide these assessments?
– The CENTER offers both formal and informal reading assessments.
– Each assessment is one on one
– Parents are given a debrief before and after assessment
– Administered by Certified Teachers
– A written report along with supporting documents will be sent no longer then one week after the assessment
-Optional Parent Workshop to teach parents techniques on how to cultivate strong reading habits